Fascinating Fun Facts
Brought to you by
Juicy Tidbits of Useless Information
A Pipe organ was the loudest sound that could be made in the year 1600.
An inch (2.5 Centimeters) of rainwater is equal to 15 inches (38.1 centimeters) of dry, powdery snow.
Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.
Babies start dreaming even before they are born!
Until 1857, any foreign coins made of precious metal were legal tender in the United States!
Taken from the Random Fact Generator
- The Brain is more active at night than in the day.
- The brain itself cannot feel pain.
- Blondes have more hair.
- The acid in your stomach is strong enough to dissolve razor blades.
- Sneezes regularly exceed 100 mph.
- Coughs clock in at 60 mph.
- Women blink twice as many times as men do.
- Baby are a pound for pound stronger than an ox.
- All baby’s are born with blue eyes.
- After eating too much your hearing is less sharp.
- Your nose can remember 50,000 different scents.
- Everyone has a unique smell except for identical twins.
- Monday is the day of the week when the risk of heart attack is greater.
- Humans can make do longer without food than sleep.
- Over 90% of diseases are complicated by stress.
- A human head remains conscious for about 15 to 20 seconds after it has been decapitated.
- Babies are born with 300 bones but by adulthood the number is reduced to 206.
- The strongest muscle in the human body is the tongue.
- Bone is stronger than some steel.
- Everyday the human body produces 300 billion new cells.