Learn Something New: Word of the day is lollapolooza. What does it actually mean? An extraordinary unusual, person, place, or event, an exceptional event or instance. For more definitions on silly words please visit dictionary.com.
The Week is a current events magazine delivered rather predictably once a week. The magazine summarizes the news from the previous week by drawing from a list of sources to present a short, but balanced overview of issues.
- The Brain is more active at night than in the day.
- The brain itself cannot feel pain.
- Blondes have more hair.
- The acid in your stomach is strong enough to dissolve razor blades.
- Sneezes regularly exceed 100 mph.
- Coughs clock in at 60 mph.
- Women blink twice as many times as men do.
- Baby are a pound for pound stronger than an ox.
- All baby’s are born with blue eyes.
- After eating too much your hearing is less sharp.
- Your nose can remember 50,000 different scents.
- Everyone has a unique smell except for identical twins.
- Monday is the day of the week when the risk of heart attack is greater.
- Humans can make do longer without food than sleep.
- Over 90% of diseases are complicated by stress.
- A human head remains conscious for about 15 to 20 seconds after it has been decapitated.
- Babies are born with 300 bones but by adulthood the number is reduced to 206.
- The strongest muscle in the human body is the tongue.
- Bone is stronger than some steel.
- Everyday the human body produces 300 billion new cells.
One of the most important things we can do to improve our lives is to learn from the people, places, and things around us. In order to do this you have to focus your attention on what’s going on around you. It’s important to explore new things and idea’s to enrich our lives. This is how we grow and develop.
This is how we live better today than yesterday. We should be learning something new every single day. This is how we keep from making the same mistakes over and over again.
We are what we feed our minds but to live a successful life, here are some of the things we should focus on:
- Information on technology
- Information about the field of work we are in
- Information about things that interest us most
- Learning how to live a better life
- Information about how to find and live out your purpose
- Learn how to best live out your challenges
- How to carry out your desires
Life is not just about completing everything on our “to do” list. It is about living and learning. It is about retaining the most important information and lessons then using the information to make today better than yesterday.
Want to make a difference in your life?
Don’t you agree?